Silver Ticket In-Ceiling Electric Projector Screen Installation
IntroductionUse this guide to install your Silver Ticket in-ceiling electric screen.
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Time Required: 45-60 mins
- Recommended Labor: 2
- 1 x Wrench or Socket (not included)
- 1 x Drill (not included)
- 1 x Powered Screwdriver* (not included)
- 1 x Hardware Kit (included)
- 2 x Plastic Screen Trim Flanges (included)
- 2 x Screen Hanging Rods (included)
- 1 x IR Remote (included)
Tip: Be sure to read the included instruction manual and follow the steps it provides along with this step-by-step guide.
Note: Parts and packaging may vary from the photographs shown, depending on the specific screen model.
Warning: If you are unable to safely install the screen, consult a professional.
1. Ensure that the assembly area is clean and clear of debris and sharp objects.
2. Remove all the parts from the packaging box.
3. Verify that all the parts necessary to begin the assembly are present.
2. Identify the Proper Location
Warning: Consult with a professional before installation - any mistakes made due to carelessness during the install will void the warranty. Choosing the wrong fasteners greatly increases the risk of damaging the screen and the risk of serious injury.
1. Identify the proper location to install the screen in the ceiling.
3. Measure the Cut-Out Hole
1. The width of the cut-out hole for all Silver Ticket In-Ceiling Screens (Series: SIE) is 5.5" (140mm).
2. Measure the total length of the screen (including the two covering plastic flanges) and write this number down. This value will be used later for a few other measurements.
3. To determine the length of the cut-out hole, subtract 0.75" (20mm) from the total length of the screen (including the plastic flanges).
4. Cut the Ceiling
Tip: Be sure to double or triple-check your measurements before cutting the ceiling.
1. After ensuring that the ceiling is marked correctly, begin making the cuts in the ceiling.
2. Be sure to slightly round the four corners to the inside of the cut to be sure that the plastic flanges will completely cover the hole.
Warning: Using improper tools to make the cuts may damage the ceiling. Be sure to follow all safety instructions of your equipment to avoid damage or injury.
5. Determine the Location of the Ceiling Brackets
1. The distance between the center of each ceiling bracket is the total length of the screen (including the two covering plastic trim/flange pieces) minus 4.5" (116mm).
2. Mark the location of the center of both ceiling brackets.
3. For both ceiling bracket location, mark the location of each screw. There are two sets of four screws - the ceiling bracket screw holes are 1.9" (48mm) apart.
6. Attach the Hanging Brackets
1. Slide four (two in each track) of the hanging screws into the tracks on the top of the aluminum case.
2. Lay the hanging bracket on top of the aluminum case, aligning the four holes with the hanging screws in the tracks.
3. Slide the hanging bracket inward as close as it can go - the lip of the bracket should be touching the end of the aluminum case.
Warning: Make sure the hanging brackets are completely flush against the case before tightening them down.
4. Tighten one nut onto each exposed hanging screw to secure the hanging bracket in place - be sure the bracket is still slid all the way over.
5. Repeat this step for the hanging bracket on the other end of the case.
7. Secure the Ceiling Brackets
1. Slide one of the hanging rods into one ceiling bracket, then secure the rod into the bracket with nuts until secure. Repeat this step for the second ceiling bracket.
2. Now that both ceiling brackets are assembled, secure them into the ceiling in the previously marked locations using four screws for each bracket.
8. Hang the Screen
Tip: Be sure to leave the trim flange pieces off of the screen while tightening the nuts. This will provide extra working room to work with.
Note: Cut off and discard the ribbons wrapped around the screen case. These must be removed before the first use of the screen.
1. Lift the screen up into the cut-out hole, sliding the exposed end of each hanging rod into the holes in each attached hanging bracket on the case.
2. Hold the screen in place by securing a nut onto the end of each hanging rod.
3. Tighten each nut until the screen is level and flush with the ceiling.
9. Finishing Up
1. To enable IR remote operation, plug the IR eye (located on one of the plastic screen flanges) into the corresponding port on the screen controls panel.
2. Connect the power cable to an outlet and test the screen operation with either the IR remote or the button located on the underside of the case.
3. Attach the plastic screen flange with the IR receiver eye to the side of the screen that contains the screen controls.
4. To allow additional control options, such as RS232 or 12v trigger, connect the compatible cables from the control hardware into the control panel of the screen.
5. Attach the other plastic screen trim flange to the other side of the screen.
6. The plastic trim flanges should now completely cover the holes and the screen should be fully and securely installed in the ceiling.
Congratulations on a successful install! Now go relax and enjoy your screen!